Following government advice, we're planning to reopen on Wednesday 19 May. Admission tickets will go live mid-April. In the meantime, you can continue to enjoy Torre Abbey at home. Explore our collection online, support Torre Abbey by becoming a 1196 Member, browse our shop and have a go at our lockdown activities. We also have an exciting range of events coming up!
When Torre Abbey reopens
With the safety of visitors and staff at the forefront of our reopening, things will look and feel a little different on your visit.
All visitors will be required to pre-book in advance of their visit, with each timed slot admitting up to six people from one household bubble at a time.
Our opening days have also been reduced to allow time for additional cleaning to be carried out. We will now be open from Wednesday to Sunday.
Before booking your visit, please ensure you read all information on this page.
Museums are one of the settings where you must wear a face covering by law, unless you are exempt or have a reasonable excuse. The latest guidance states that members of the public will be required to wear a face covering when visiting museums, galleries or other indoor tourist, heritage or cultural sites. With this in mind, anyone visiting Torre Abbey will be required to wear a face covering before entering the house. Please see the latest guidance (at the link above) for any exemptions.
To protect all visitors and our staff please do not book to visit, or visit us if you or anyone in your household is displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
Face coverings cannot be purchased from us, therefore please remember to bring your own. You can find out how to make your own face covering here.
Face coverings do not need to be worn in our gardens.
We reserve the right to refuse admission if you do not agree with our health and safety procedures.
Opening days and times
Check the plan your visit page to see when we are open.
Advanced booking is essential.
Planning your visit
- All visitors (including 1196 Club and FOTA members) are required to book online ahead of their visit. Pre-booked tickets will be for a specified time and allow you two hours to enjoy the house and gardens.
- A maximum of six people from the same visiting group will be able to enter on each pre-booked slot
- Subject to availability, tickets can sometimes be purchased on the door
- Only card payments will be accepted, contactless if you can
- If it is raining on the day of your visit, you will be able to use the garden part of your ticket to return on another day. This must be pre-booked.
What to expect during your visit
- Our reassuring and fully trained staff will be on hand to greet you and will explain our new health and safety measures
- Our staff will be wearing face coverings
- All visits will be timed, with restricted numbers and limited queuing
- Clear social distancing signage in all public area
- Clearly signed one-way systems around the house and gardens
- Hand sanitisation stations throughout the house and gardens
- We have installed protective screens at the till areas of our Welcome Desk & in our café
- Regular cleaning of the house and toilet facilities
We want everyone to safely enjoy their visit to Torre Abbey. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding in following our new visitor guidelines. Please note we reserve the right to ask visitors to leave if they are not following our safety procedures.
A brand new Visual Guide to Torre Abbey is now available to help you plan your visit before you travel to Torre Abbey. It is part of a suite of guides prepared for the English Riviera UNESCO Global Geopark and funded by Torbay Council’s Voluntary and Community Sector Covid 19 Grants Scheme, as part of the Geopark Covid Transformation Project 2020. Click Here to View
Vouchers and discounts
Please note, we will not be accepting any discount vouchers or money-off coupons while we are operating at greatly reduced capacity. This is due to increased health and safety measures put in place as a result of COVID19. Thank you for your understanding.