Welcome back to Torre Abbey!
We are pleased to be able to welcome you back to Torre Abbey from Tuesday 28 July (1196 Club and FOTA Members from Tuesday 14 July).
With the safety of visitors and staff at the forefront of our reopening, things will look and feel a little different on your visit.
All visitors will be required to pre-book in advance of their visit, with each timed slot admitting up to six people from one visiting group entering at a time.
Our opening days have also been reduced to allow time for additional cleaning to be carried out.
Before booking your visit, please ensure you read all information on this page.
Opening days and times
Tuesday (vulnerable visitors only), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 10am until 2.30pm
Closed on Sunday, Monday and Thursday
Planning your visit
- All visitors (including 1196 Club and FOTA members) are required to book online ahead of their visit. Pre-booked tickets will be for a specified time and allow you two and a half hours to enjoy the house and gardens.
- A maximum of six people from the same visiting group will be able to enter on each pre-booked slot
- Subject to availability tickets can be purchased on the door
- Only card payments will be accepted, contactless if you can
- If it is raining on the day of your visit, you will be able to use the garden part of your ticket to return on another day. This must be pre-booked.
- On Tuesday’s the house and gardens are open to vulnerable visitors only, especially those that have been shielding. For further information please contact us.
- You are welcome to wear a face covering during your visit, although it is not compulsory
What to expect during your visit
- Our reassuring and fully trained staff will be on hand to greet you and will explain our new health and safety measures
- All visits will be timed, with restricted numbers and limited queuing
- Clear social distancing signage in all public area
- Clearly signed one-way systems around the house and gardens
- Hand sanitisation stations throughout the house and gardens
- Regular cleaning on the house and toilet facilities
We want everyone to safely enjoy their visit to Torre Abbey. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding in following our new visitor guidelines. Please note we reserve the right to ask visitors to leave if they are not following our safety procedures.
Tuesdays are for vulnerable visitors
We are encouraging anyone who is at moderate risk (clinically vulnerable) to come on Tuesdays. People who are moderate risk from coronavirus include people who:
- are 70 or older
- have a lung condition that's not severe (such as asthma, COPD, emphysema or bronchitis)
- have heart disease (such as heart failure)
- have diabetes
- have chronic kidney disease
- have liver disease (such as hepatitis)
- have a condition affecting the brain or nerves (such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis or cerebral palsy)
- have a condition that means they have a high risk of getting infections
- are taking medicine that can affect the immune system (such as low doses of steroids)
- are very obese (a BMI of 40 or above)
- are pregnant - see advice about pregnancy and coronavirus
Vouchers and discounts
Please note, we will not be accepting any discount vouchers or money-off coupons while we are operating at greatly reduced capacity. This is due to increased health and safety measures put in place as a result of COVID19. Thank you for your understanding.