Business Support & Volunteer Officer
Reference Number: ECAN 04411
Job type: Community Services
Employment Contract: Part Time - Permanent
Salary: £21,575 - £21,968 (pro rata)
Number of hours: 29.60
Closing date: 2 April 2023
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people and being part of a team, you’ll undertake tasks linked to financial procedures, such as banking, invoicing and raising purchase orders in liaison with Torbay Council administrative staff. You’ll oversee the Torre Abbey bookings calendar linked to the programming of exhibitions and events. You’ll be supporting the growth of Torre Abbey’s volunteer programme with recruitment and induction of new volunteers.
As a key member of the Torre Abbey team, you’ll provide the Torre Abbey leadership team with regular sales reports and arranging, and minuting meetings as required.
You’ll help support the collection team with all aspects of collection documentation in line with Museum Accreditation and SPECTRUM.
To read the role profile and apply, please visit Torbay Council's jobs page.
Who we're looking for
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Effective organisational skills with a good attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of data protection
- Understanding of volunteers and volunteering and how best to support them
- Knowledge and experience of using financial systems and procedures
- Good people skills, enabling good working relationships. Previous experience working as part of a team.
- Excellent numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and a good listener.
- Proven experience of face-to-face sales and working to measurable targets.
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- An understanding of Museum Collections Documentation systems, such as Modes is desirable
For an informal discussion please contact Elaine Ward, on 01803 208510, or email firstname.lastname@example.org