There has never been a better time to join the Abbey and become part of the team!
We are looking for lots of different types of people to help, support and spread the word about Torre Abbey. If you like history, culture, the arts and people please contact us.
Our need for volunteers varies across the course of the year. In the height of summer we need people to help in reception meeting and greeting visitors, the gift shop with gift displays and sales, guided tours, gardening, outdoor cinema and other events.
In mid season (March to May and September to November) we are looking for people to help with education sessions, day time and evening events, tidy the garden ready for winter or summer.
How long do I need to commit for?
This can vary. Placements are fixed term, events can be one-off, operational roles such as reception, gift shop and gardening can be ongoing and flexible. We consider each individual case by case with the emphasis on what you achieve while you are volunteering.
What you can expect as a volunteer?
- Available taster sessions before committing to a regular role
- Four week mutual trial period with regular opportunity to give feedback
- Be part of an interesting and attractive place
- Opportunity to make new friends
- Enjoy team social and recognition events
- Join social events from our programme as an events steward
- Learn new skills
- Knowledge that you are supporting a worthwhile local organisation
For certain roles around education and organised children’s activities we may require you to complete a Disclosures and Barring Screening along with reading Torbay Council’s 'Safeguarding Policy and Guidelines'.